Friday, July 2, 2010

Miss U


I miss you like a fish on dry land
misses the fresh water of the pond
Gasping for oxygen, can't survive
It's time here is over, must travel beyond

I miss you like a night misses the moon.
Stars hang suspended in a black sky
Clouds break into tears, raindrops fall
They are lost in reminiscence, cry

I miss you like the fallen leaves
lying on the ground, scattered and sodden
miss the tree they used to sway upon
Getting trampled, souls downtrodden.

I miss you like a man who can't see
a blind, misses his precious eyes
Bright and vivid images all around
To smell and touch them he tries

I miss you like a mouth with no tongue
has its thoughts caught up in the mind
It can't express all these muted feelings
words left unspoken and all left behind

1 comment:

  1. As dark and haunting as ever. But I'm wondering when will the night end, for a bright dawn awaits on the other side only waiting for you to open the curtains and allow the beautiful rays inside to light up everything with pristine beauty.
    You can dwell in the murk, but the light awaits and seeks you!

    ReplyDelete