Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The "CIL" experience contd...

I2: How will you design a weld joint?
A:Sir as in I,J U
I2:no
A:Sir then we will decide whether to go for lap joint or butt joint
I2 shakes head
I3 steps in:assume any values and then do it
I took a flange having axial load and calculated the max stress and the thickness of weld joint reqd.
I2 was still not pleased but the rest seemed happy.
I4:How do you test weld joint?This was my high time as I explained destructive and non destructive tests v well and answered all cross queries.
I5:What is hysteresis?I answered. Then he asked about causes of hysteresis and curve which too I answered
I5:What are electromechanical devices?
I cited a few examples, but wasn't very confident.
I5:What is Lenz's law and Faradays law
Again I answered
I6(HR guy):What are the machines used in a coal mine
A:Sir cranes conveyors compressors...
I6: Have you ever been to a coal mine?
A No, I never got the opportunity.
I6:You have never seen dumpers shovels, etc
A:No ,Sir
I1:Ok Mr sunny..thank you..you may go now
Phewww...

1 comment:

  1. I m Swaroop one of the batchmate of sunny.
    i would also like to share my experinence..
    GD topic and interview panel was the same..
    about interview:
    I1: who is the chairman of the company?
    A: don't know sir
    I1: where is the Head office of company
    A; don't know sir
    I2: ok tell me the name of subsidaries under CIL
    A: i was not aware of the names so i answered the name of places instead of the subsidaries names.
    now i thought it's over they are not gonna take me.
    I1(again): ok do you know the name of Coal Minister of India.
    A: after a pause i answered A. Reddy
    I1; laughs and asked r u interested.
    A: yes sir, actually i had not gone through the company's general information.
    i made my mind that's enough and humbly i said why r u asking such questions sir ask me something else some core
    I3: ok tell me why do u want to join CIL
    A; it's a navratna company and provides his employer with all the facilities one can ever think of.
    I4: what's ur favouraite subject
    A: thermodynamics
    asked me about the cycles and about the boilers
    i was knowing evrything but just showed a little bit of nervousness.
    I5: keep ur cool.
    tell me the major components of a refrigeration cycle
    A: now, it was my turn.
    i answered very well listed all components and explained with drawing i also added some more information like superheating and subcooling.
    I6:any other subject
    A: IC engines
    asked me about the turbocharging and supercharging.
    i answered it well.
    I1again: any idea abt fuzzy logic and controller
    A: we had studied this but i don't remember much and also have not revised it.
    I1:ok i m not convinced that once u have been made offer u will join the company
    A: sir it is the best opportunity for me and i don't think i will get any better opprtunity other than this in furture. i also mentioned about my education loan and convinced him that i want to join this company.
    I1:ok, Mr. swaroop. nice talking to u.
    u may go now

    ReplyDelete