Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The "CIL"experience

Hey..this is my CIL PI Experience..GD topic was “Coal industry as the backbone of Indian economy”.Said a lot of crap...mostly what they'd said in the pre placement presentation.Actually it was more like an extempore as each person spoke only once.They shortlisted 7 out of about 30 who sat for the company.The interviewing panel consisted of about 6 people, who sat across the oval table.
I1: Why do you want to join CIL?A:Sir it is a navratna company and the largest employer of the nation in terms of manpower...*also
said something about serving the country and growth opportunities at CIL)
I2(worst interviewer of the lot):What is your favourite subject
A: Sir manufacturing Engg
I2: What is MIG welding
Said something which was about 70 correct but screwed up the full form of MIG
I2(shaking head):ok ok...what is friction stir welding
again answered but he was not satisfied with the word "probe" that I used for the third party

No comments:

Post a Comment