Saturday, May 22, 2010

Still in love with darkness


Still feel like life isn't worth living. Still feel like staying in bed because just couldn't face the day. This feeling has dragged on and on with no end in sight...the feeling of being in an endless slump. Need to stop damaging behaviour before repercussions take place. Still wait for the dawn to break, for time to heal me.

Both in nature, in our lives, it’s always darkest in the absence of light. On a personal level, when I am depressed especially when facing challenges, it is up to me to make things better by making a conscious decision to let some light in. I don't have to sit around, waiting for the breaking of dawn, waiting for time to heal me. It is a conscious decision that I must make to allow light to brighten my life, and let the "dawn" of a new day light up my life and my mood.

Only in embracing the deepest sorrow can we also know the deepest joy. Without the light of understanding these painful emotions, we return to an endless cycle of depression. Here we continue the habit of hurting ourselves inside and those outside us, as they may suffer in seeing us suffer.

No I wont give up No I wont give in.
Pinpoints of light in distance can be seen
It invites me towards itself
numbing the state of depressed consciousness
Oh but I still am still am in love with darkness.

1 comment:

  1. how do u guys write such blogs............where do u get dese ideas???

    ReplyDelete