Thursday, May 27, 2010

sunless garden when the flowers are dead


One winter evening
I saw you in the neon glow
I thought you will stay forever
that you will never go.

With every breath you took
air seemed a little sweeter
With each and every sunrise
Earth seemed a little brighter

So beautiful, so incredible
I still wonder, its still a mystery
Was it a dream? Or was it real
Lost in the memories, lost in the reverie

The wind rustles the leaves
The grass gets burnt by the sun
For nature and for me
Spring has now been done

This part may not be forever
keep in touch through the days
I will treasure your laughs and tears
while we are on our separate ways

My mind is in a state of trance
engulfed in thoughts that you still care
Nothing above me as I fall asleep
my spirit is tattered and bare

The darkness brings endless sorrow
tears roll down onto my bed
Without you, O my sun
I am like a sunless garden
when the flowers are dead

1 comment:

  1. The choice of words and the expression are amazing. The pain and melancholy that flows throughout is haunting and renders me inconsolable for reasons more than one. Beautiful work. Hats off.

    ReplyDelete