Thursday, June 10, 2010

I will possess your heart

Stars blaze in the darkness
A trillion asterisks without exclamation
Each gives me a glimpse of you
You are my constellation

The moon shines brightly
Like a beautiful fairy
My jaws drop open in awe
while my heart makes merry

For I see you in the moon
Its your smile in the crescent
Full moon shows me your face
Clouds cover you,cruel and indecent

How long seems the night
if you are kept awake by pain
But the dawn seems to rush
when heart is cheerful,mind sane

I am tired, my arm aches
But sleep evades my eyes
Lost in your thoughts
marvelling you and the nightsky

I believe that night is richer
and vividly colored than the day
It acts both as a healer of sorrow
and a scroll of ideas that noon mislay

The twilight sings lullaby
Eyes are drowsy,arm stiff
I am grateful to your creator
As I strive to evade sleep

My heart longs for you
soft whispers, yet far apart
All I need is one chance
and I will possess your heart

2 comments:

  1. Hope lies in the darkest of places. The night can be merciful if you just give it a try. Beautiful thought and wonderfully expressed. Also, after long I get to witness a classical poet and that too from SJD. Looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete